While cleaning your ducts is an excellent approach to protecting your family’s health, even the most thorough cleaning cannot eliminate every hidden threat in your air supply. Air duct cleaning services continue where duct cleaning leaves off, removing organic hazards such as viruses and germs that are not killed by ordinary cleaning solutions.
Whether you’re looking to ensure the safety of a newly purchased home, take your usual duct cleaning to the next level, or protect your family from contagious diseases, residential air conditioning duct cleaning services are an excellent way to ensure that no hazardous pathogens are lingering in the air you breathe.
What is Air Duct Cleaning?
Air Duct Cleaning is the process of removing dust and pollutants from the ducting. This includes the supply and returns of air ducts in each room, as well as the registers and diffusers. Vacuums with high suction remove all dust and particles, preventing them from recirculating throughout the home.
Benefits Of Air Duct Cleaning Services
There are numerous benefits to getting your air ducts professionally cleaned by air duct cleaning companies; the following are the top five:
- Makes Living Environments Cleaner
Professional cleaning of your air ducts with proper air duct cleaning equipment eliminates dust that would otherwise travel throughout your living space, settling on your furniture, bedding, and flooring — just about everywhere. Fortunately, regular air duct cleaning significantly minimizes the amount of interior cleaning and dusting required to have a sanitary home.
- Reduces Allergy And Irritant TriggersAir ducts frequently include dangerous substances and microorganisms in addition to dust. Pet dander, germs, allergens, mildew, mold spores, and similar toxins are all examples. People who suffer from allergies, asthma, and other respiratory issues are particularly vulnerable to these airborne particles. Cleaning your air ducts on a regular basis promotes a healthier lifestyle.
- Helps Everyone At Home Breathe Easier
Even if no one in your family has chronic allergies or respiratory difficulties, cleaner air makes breathing easier for everyone. Even the healthiest individuals might experience sneezing and coughing, as well as sinus and bronchial congestion when dust and pollutants enter the nose and lungs. Air duct cleaning improves the comfort level of the home and contributes to overall well-being.
- Eliminates Unpleasant Smells and Odors
Pets, household cleaners, paint fumes, mold, tobacco use, and even meal preparation all contribute to the development of stale odors in the air ducts. These odors will circulate throughout the house each time the heater or air conditioner is turned on. Even a buildup of dust and debris over time might result in a musty odor emanating from the ducting. Thorough air duct cleaning services remove all odor-trapping particles, resulting in a cleaner-smelling home.
- Enhances Air Flow Efficiency
Ductwork and registers that are heavily clogged with dust and grime can obstruct airflow from the furnace and air conditioner. This means that your system will have to work harder to heat or cool your home, resulting in a lower efficiency rating. On the other hand, a clean system will work at peak efficiency and deliver the best value for your energy dollar.
Air Duct Cleaning Services: Step-By-Step Process
- Assure that you and your companions are kept safe from the premises and that all plants and food are securely covered — while sanitizing products are non-toxic and harmless, direct contact with or inhalation of the chemicals may cause irritation and pain.
- Turn off your HVAC system but leave the fan running to help the sanitizing product spread throughout your home.
- Ventilation should be ensured so the team would open the windows throughout the house.
- Submerge a plastic sheet beneath each vent to safeguard your property from the remote possibility of sanitizer leaking from the vents.
- Dispense a fog of sanitizing solution into your ducts.
- Allow 10-15 minutes for fans to run to achieve even distribution around your home.
- Collect any previously placed plastic coverings.
- As a courtesy, wipe clean all kitchen vents and use a moist towel to rapidly wipe off the worktops and food prep area directly beneath a vent.